This skillet truffle mushroom pizza is an indulgent recipe which is surprisingly quick to make! It's so easy to make impressive homemade pizza with a cheesy garlic mushroom topping.
Check out this cheesy, truffley deliciousness!
I really love making homemade pizza. It's one of those kitchen tasks which sounds like it's going to be a ridiculous amount of effort but is actually way easier than it looks.
And OMG it is so much better than shop bought pizza. The dough has tons more flavour and you can get the perfect balance of toppings which makes it perfect for you.
For this one I kept it really simple without a tomato sauce base. Instead I spread the base with crushed garlic cloves then I sprinkled it with thyme leaves and topped with a load of mushrooms and cheese.
Why we love this truffle mushroom pizza...
This recipe is so easy and uses just a handful of ingredients which means you can even make it on a weeknight if you're feeling like you need a special treat.
It's a great vegetarian meal that is just as good for a post-work meal as it is for serving up at a dinner party. It's guaranteed to impress your guests!
Cooking it in the skillet helps to get the base really crisp and flavourful with a delicious chewiness.
You can add whatever ingredients you like to the top of this pizza. I love the simplicity of the mushrooms, cheese and truffle oil but if you'd like to add extra veggies or even meat then go for it!
Pizza with Truffled Mushrooms Ingredients
Pizza Dough: We use this pizza dough recipe whenever we make homemade pizza and it works perfectly as a skillet pizza like this. The linked recipe makes enough dough for two pizzas.
Toppings: I kept this recipe really simple with crushed garlic cloves, sliced mushrooms and thyme leaves and a good drizzle of truffle oil after cooking.
Cheese: For this pizza I went with mozzarella (because you can't have a pizza without mozzarella) and taleggio which adds an amazingly layer of extra cheesiness but if you can't get it replace with extra mozzarella and it will still be delicious!
[amazon_link asins='B005451N2K,B015J4UC9A' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='76ebd3b4-ad3e-4c63-9bc5-c6fb6b2745cb']
Truffle Mushroom Skillet Pizza Instructions
Start the pizza: Roll out the pizza dough into two pizza bases. Heat the skillet until hot then place one of the pizza bases in it.
Add the toppings: Spread half the garlic, mushrooms, thyme, mozzarella and taleggio over the base. Lift the base slightly and once it's browned place under the grill.
Grill: Grill for about 10-15 minutes until browned then drizzle with truffle oil and serve.
Equipment you need to make this recipe...
[amazon_link asins='B00006JSUA,B0000BVEC3,B00HEZ888K' template='ProductCarousel' store='thecoorep-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='249e6502-b864-4ac9-939d-a3f98e22c814']
Want more? Try these other pizza recipes!
- Leftover Pulled Pork Pizza with Kale
- Stuffed Crust Pizza with Chipotle Chicken
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Pancetta Pizza
- Rocket Pesto Chicken Skillet Pizza
- Fiery Balsamic Fig Flatbread
Skillet Truffle Mushroom Pizza
- Heat the grill to high. Put the skillet over a high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot roll out the first pizza base and place in the skillet. Spread with 2 cloves of garlic. Put half the mushrooms, thyme leaves, mozzarella and taleggio on the base spreading evenly. Carefully lift the base with a spatula and check that it's browned on the bottom.
- Place under the grill for 10-15 minutes keeping a close eye on it as grills can vary massively. Once the cheese is melted and the dough has browned you're ready to serve. Repeat with the second pizza. Drizzle both with truffle oil before serving.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!