These quick and easy tacos are stuffed with spiced crispy turkey breast pieces and a bright and zingy crunchy cabbage slaw for a flavour packed weeknight dinner!
This is basically fancied up chicken nuggets in a taco and I am loving it ✨
Sometimes you just can’t beat tacos for a quick and easy dinner. These ones are so simple but taste so yummy thanks to all the spices in the flour coating on the turkey and the crunchy and tangy slaw.
This recipe came about on an evening when we were at a complete loss for what to make for dinner. We had some diced turkey breast in the freezer which we bought when it was reduced but you could easily used diced chicken for this recipe instead.
I tossed it in some heavily seasoned flour, fried it and within 15 minutes had a delicious flavourful filling for these tacos which I served with that crunchy cabbage and carrot slaw. Delicious!
Why we love these turkey tacos…
These are such an easy weeknight dinner idea which you can easily throw together even when you feel like you’ve got no time to cook or you just can’t really be bothered.
This recipe is really versatile and you can use the flour coating on chicken, pork or even tofu. You can also add any extra veggies you like to the slaw which makes it great for using up bits and pieces from the fridge.
You can make this recipe as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of chilli powder or leaving it out all together if you don’t like spice.
Crispy Fried Turkey Taco Ingredients
This section is here to provide further tips and ideas for alternative ingredients. The full recipe and instructions are included in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
Turkey Breast: Cut into bitesize chunks of roughly the same size.
Seasoned Flour: Plain flour is tossed with chilli powder, cumin, ground coriander and salt and pepper before coating the turkey pieces.
Vegetable Oil: For frying the turkey pieces.
Tortillas: I like to char mine on the gas hob before serving so they get some slightly burnt bits.
Slaw: This is made from a combination of red cabbage, carrots, lime juice, white wine vinegar and olive oil.
How to make fried turkey tacos
Make the slaw: Toss together all of the slaw ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
Make the seasoned flour: Mix together the flour and spices on a plate and season well.
Cook the turkey: Working in batches toss pieces of turkey in the flour mixture then cook in hot oil until crispy and cooked through. Serve in tacos with the slaw.
Want more? Try these other taco recipes!
- Tempeh Tacos with Quick Cabbage Slaw
- Jackfruit Tacos
- Peanut Tofu Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
- Vegan Breakfast Tacos with Black Beans
- Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Greek Yoghurt Slaw
- Salmon Tacos with Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Crispy Turkey Tacos with Crunchy Slaw
- 300 g Turkey Breast cut into bitesize chunks
- 4 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Small Tortilla Wraps
For the slaw
- 1/4 Red Cabbage shredded
- 2 Carrots peeled and shredded
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Toss together all of the slaw ingredients and leave to sit while you cook the turkey.
- Mix the flour, chilli powder, cumin, ground coriander and plenty of salt and pepper on a plate. Heat the vegetable oil over a medium high heat in a small frying pan or saucepan.
- Once the oil is hot work in batches to toss pieces of the turkey in the flour mixture and then cook in the hot oil for about 5 minutes until crispy and cooked through. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all the turkey is cooked. Serve in the tacos with the slaw.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!