This creamy Thai turkey meatball curry makes such an easy weeknight dinner. Serve with fluffy rice and fresh coriander for a speedy and spicy meal!
This is quickly becoming my go-to weeknight dinner!
I’ve been getting more into Thai curries recently. I went through a long phase of not really liking them but I’ve jumped back on board with them recently starting with this vegetarian Thai green curry and now I’m back with this delicious Thai red curry with turkey meatballs.
Despite the fact that you’re making meatballs from scratch here this whole recipe is still super quick and easy. I threw it together on a weeknight last week and it was the exact thing I needed.
I also love the fact that the curry and meatballs finish cooking in the oven. That gives you enough time to put on your comfy clothes and pour a glass of something, oh and boil your rice, before you serve everything up and tuck in.
Why we love this meatball curry…
This recipe is so easy to make even though you’re making the meatballs from scratch! I know that sounds like a pain but I promise it comes together super quickly.
It only takes eight ingredients to make this meal and it’s easy to keep most of them on hand so you can have this delicious curry whenever you want it!
You can make this recipe as spicy or mild as you like by changing the amount of curry paste you use. I went for 2 tablespoons but you could reduce that if you don’t like it spicy.
This recipe also makes great leftovers and I enjoyed it for work lunches for several days.
Thai Red Curry with Meatballs Ingredients
Turkey Meatballs: These are made from a simple combination of turkey mince (ground turkey), an egg, panko breadcrumbs and salt and pepper.
Red Pepper: Sliced and cooked in the curry so that it still has a bit of bite.
Red Curry Paste: Go for your favourite brand, this is the one I use.
Coconut Milk: I prefer full fat but reduced fat will work.
Rice and Fresh Coriander: To serve.
How to make Thai curry with meatballs
Make the meatballs: Put the turkey, panko and egg into a large bowl and season well. Mix then form tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs and place on a plate.
Fry the meatballs: Heat the oil and fry the meatballs in batches until they’re browned on all sides them remove to a plate.
Make the curry: Add the pepper to the pot and fry then add the garlic and curry paste. Fry for a few minutes and pour in the coconut milk. Return the meatballs to the sauce then put a lid on the pot and cook for 20 minutes.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Want more? Try these other curry recipes!
- Peanut Curry with Tofu & Broccoli
- Cauliflower Lentil Curry with Spinach
- Tofu Curry with Cashew Coconut Sauce
- 15 Minute Chickpea & Spinach Curry
- 15 Minute Thai Prawn Curry
- Creamy Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry
- 1 Pot Thai Beef Curry Pot Roast
Meatball Curry with Creamy Coconut Sauce
- 500 g Turkey Mince
- 1 Egg
- 25 g Panko
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 400g tin Coconut Milk
- Coriander to serve
- Rice to serve
- Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Mix the turkey mince with the egg and panko and season well. Take tablespoons of the mixture and shape into meatballs.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish which has a lid heat the vegetable oil and fry the meatballs in batches until browned on all sides then place on a plate.
- Add the pepper and fry until softened then add the garlic, fry for a minute before adding the curry paste. Fry for 5 minutes then pour in the coconut milk. Add the meatballs back to the curry, place the lid on and put in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice and topped with coriander.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!