This pressure cooker vegetable curry is easy, healthy and the perfect way to pack in loads of veggies! Make it as spicy as you like and add in any veg you have on hand.
Here's a healthy curry that you need to add to your weekly meal plan!
Vegetable curry is one of my go to dinners when I'm struggling to think of a good dinner option. I love how easy they are and they always have so much flavour.
This pressure cooker vegetable curry is really one of those dream weeknight recipes. Once you're got the recipe down you can switch in any vegetables you like or have that need using up so it always feel like you're having a different meal.
Why we love this pressure cooker vegetable curry:
- First off it's vegan so we can feel really virtuous and pleased with ourselves for eating it
- It's also pretty healthy thanks to all the vegetables and spices in here and you could make it even healthier by serving it with some brown rice or quinoa if you prefer
- It's a great clear out the fridge recipe because you can honestly use pretty much any vegetables you have on hand
Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry Ingredients:
- Ginger & Garlic: I like to use pastes because I can't be bothered with the peeling and chopping!
- Spices: Cumin, coriander, turmeric and chilli powder are all in this super flavourful curry. For something a little different try using up some of these spices in this halloumi, kale & white bean bake
- Vegetables: I used pepper, cauliflower, aubergine and tomatoes but grab whatever else you fancy, pretty much anything will work. Use up leftover tomatoes in this tomato pasta salad
- Vegetable Stock: Store bought or homemade, whatever you have
Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry Instructions:
- Fry the aromatics: Set the pressure cooker to the saute setting and add the oil followed by the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Add the spices and vegetables: Add the pepper and fry until softened then add the spices and stir to coat. Add the rest of the vegetables followed by the vegetable stock.
- Cook under pressure: Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook for 3 minutes then serve with rice.
Keep scrolling to get the full printable recipe!
What to serve with vegetable curry?
I love this curry served with rice and maybe some naan bread if I'm feeling extra hungry. If you prefer you could try a different grain if you like.
What pressure cooker should I use to make this recipe?
I use a pressure king pro which I love but you can honestly use any pressure cooker. Most of my recipe are cooked under high pressure so if you don't have the same settings as the ones mentioned in the recipe then cook on high pressure for the time instructed. If you have the same pressure cooker then grab all my pressure king pro recipes.
Can I make this vegetable curry on the stovetop?
Yes! To make this recipe on the stovetop simply follow the instructions by sauteeing the onion, garlic, ginger, pepper and chilli over a medium heat then add the spices followed by the vegetables. Cook for a couple of minutes then add vegetable stock, start with 200ml and bring to a simmer, adding more liquid if it starts to look dry before the vegetables are cooked and the tomatoes have broken down. Once the cauliflower is tender, serve with rice or any other grain.
Can I make this vegetable curry in the slow cooker?
You can definitely make this curry in the slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours until the vegetables are tender and the sauce is broken down.
Want more? Try these other vegetarian curry recipes!
- Tofu Katsu Curry
- Spicy Halloumi Curry with Potato
- Palak Paneer
- Pressure Cooker Curry with Potato & Aubergine
- Chickpea & Sweet Potato Curry
- Five Ingredient Paneer Tikka Masala
Or try out all my other pressure cooker recipes
Pressure Cooker Vegetable Curry
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1 Chilli finely chopped and deseeded
- 1 teaspoon each Cumin, Coriander, Turmeric, Chilli Powder
- 1 Pepper chopped
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Aubergine chopped
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 100 ml Vegetable Stock
- Fresh Coriander to serve
- Set the pressure cooker to saute mode and add the olive oil and onion. Fry until softened then add the garlic, ginger, pepper and chilli and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add all the spices and stir to coat then add the cauliflower, aubergine and tomatoes followed by the vegetable stock. Stir then seal the pressure cooker and cook for 3 minutes on the stew setting or on high pressure.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!