These are THE BEST veggie burgers! Quick enough for a weeknight, made with roasted cauliflower and plenty of spices for a super flavourful vegetarian dinner. Serve topped with a smear of sun dried tomato mayo and some greens.
Ok guys, it’s hard for me to declare many things ‘the best’ but these cauliflower burgers are honestly so freaking good.
So good that I froze a batch and I’m already thinking about when I’ll next have an excuse to defrost one and serve it up for an easy dinner or even just a snack.
I made these when Will was out one night and ended up eating two entire burgers because they were just. that. good. By the time Will got home I’d already messaged him several times to tell him all about it.
Then a few nights later I was in solo again so of course I served up the leftovers in front of the TV and it was just so wonderful.
What makes these the best veggie burgers?
So the burgers themselves are made from a base of roasted cauliflower and quinoa which makes them super filling and gives them a nice healthy base.
To that I added tons of spices including my favourites; smoked paprika and cumin. And then there’s just a bit of cheese and panko because you can’t keep it too healthy, right?
But the best thing about these vegetarian burgers isn’t just the insanely delicious patty but it’s also everything else that went with it (isn’t that always the case with burgers?!).
Now this is where it got really good. I made a really simple sun dried tomato mayo to smear on top. And no I did not make my mayo from scratch, it was a weeknight!! But it was honestly one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. Creamy and tangy and delicious.
Other than that I added a handful of peppery rocket, a few slices of red onion and a spoonful of hummus for the perfect veggie burger.
Cauliflower Burgers Ingredients:
- Cauliflower: This is roasted until tender and has a touch of that smokiness then blended to form the base of the burger
- Seasonings and Spices: These veggie burgers are bursting with flavour from garlic, smoked paprika and cumin
- Quinoa: This helps to bulk out the burgers and makes them really filling. Use any leftover in this sweet potato & quinoa salad
- Egg: The amount of eggs you need (either one of two) depends on how big your cauliflower is so add one and see if your mixture is coming together easily
- Panko: If you prefer you could use regular breadcrumbs but panko is what I always have on hand. It’s also delicious used to coat this breaded fish
- Cheese: I went with cheddar but any hard cheese of your choice will work
- Burger Buns: I had wanted to use brioche buns but I couldn’t get any so I got regular sesame burger buns and they were really good
- Sun Dried Tomato Mayo: To make this mayo I just used store bought mayo, sun dried tomatoes, a little of the oil from the tomatoes and some lemon juice
- Toppings: Other than the mayo I added a scoop of hummus (because hummus is never not a good idea), rocket and a fey slices of red onion
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Scroll to the bottom of this post to get the full recipe!
How to make the best vegetarian burgers:
- Prep your ingredients: Roast the cauliflower then place in a food processor and blend until mostly smooth. Tip into a large bowl with the garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, egg, quinoa, panko and cheddar.
- Shape the burgers: Shape the mixture into 8 patties (I froze half of mine) and place on a plate until ready to cook.
- Assemble your burgers: Heat a drizzle of oil over a medium heat in a frying pan and cook your burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side in batches. In the meantime mix together your mayo ingredients. Serve the burgers in buns with all your toppings.
Equipment you need to make this recipe…
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £46.99Was: £69.99
- Price: £11.88Was: £14.99
- Price: £29.99
Can these cauliflower patties be frozen?
These freeze so well. Once they’re cooked leave them to cool and then wrap them individually and place in the freezer. Once you’re ready to use them defrost them thoroughly then you can reheat them in the microwave or the oven.
Want more? Try these other cauliflower recipes!
- Herb Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Zingy Dressing
- Easy Cauliflower Tots
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing
- Spicy Cajun Fried Cauliflower
- Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Greek Yoghurt Slaw
The Best Veggie Burgers with Sun Dried Tomato Mayo
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 Egg
- 70 g Quinoa cooked
- 40 g Panko
- 50 g Cheddar
- 3 tbsp Mayo
- 4 Sun Dried Tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tsp Oil from the Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Burger Buns
- Rocket to serve
- Hummus to serve
- 1/4 Red Onion sliced, to serve
- Bake the cauliflower in a 200°C/400°F oven for 20 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil. Blend in a food processor until mostly smooth.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and add the garlic, paprika, cumin, egg (start with one and then add another if more moisture is needed to bring the mixture together), quinoa, panko, cheddar and season to taste. Mix thoroughly then shape into 8 patties.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Mix together the mayo, sun dried tomatoes, oil and lemon. Smear a spoonful of hummus on the bottom of bun, top with a burger then add rocket, red onion and the mayo.
Like the look of this recipe? Make sure you pin it for later!